Thursday, November 29, 2012

Greatness

I believe every individual that lives on earth is meant to do something great. I think that this greatness is part of what every person longs to find and understand about themselves. I've often talked with friends about how we fit into this phase called life, and what we are supposed to contribute to mankind. I believe the answer to be different for every individual.

Greatness comes in many forms. From my father, who has dedicated his life to teaching a mindset and providing a lifestyle for my siblings and I to have opportunities that he never had and to seizing those opportunities, to my mother, who moved out to California at age 20 with her best friend, anything she could fit in their car, a few hundred dollars, and made the choice to have children.

From a friend who started non-profit, hoping to create clean water for countries and people who don't have it (H2O International ), to a friend who will make sure those he cares about are happy and taken care of.

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the ordinary mundane of life. Whether it be work, school, or being with a screaming child all day every day, we can forget we're meant for greatness. This is for those people who have inspired me and taught me to believe I am meant to do something great; I thank you. You have done something great for me, and for mankind around you. All it took was a choice, and sticking with that choice after you made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment